Monday, June 11, 2012

Apothecary Jars-Again!

I LOVE my Apothecary Jars that I made a while ago. Check it out here. I loved them so much that I decided to make another set. The process was much like the first, so I am not going to write step by step directions.

I lightly spray painted the wooden pieces with Krylon’s Bahama Sea  in Gloss. As you can tell, the pieces are not sprayed well. When you add the gel stain it will cover any missed spots.

DSC01140-1(rev 0)  DSC01141-1(rev 0)

Gel Stain- squirt, brush on, and wipe off.

DSC01142-1(rev 0)  DSC01143-1(rev 0)  DSC01144-1(rev 1)

Let the stain dry for a few minutes.

DSC01145-1(rev 1)

I bought this sealant and it worked well when attaching all of the pieces except for the jar to the candlestick. I used hot glue for this.

DSC01146-1(rev 1)                          DSC01147-1(rev 1)

After! I placed them on a table in my dining room. Notice the “B” and chalkboard tray? Tutorials on those later this week!

DSC01159-1(rev 0)     DSC01158-1(rev 0)

4 comments:

Meg said...

HOW do you find the time? haha. I LOVE the new buffet look!! Can't wait to read all about it!

Robyn Beele said...

I did this on Sunday when Andrew was sleeping and Nick had Abigail. I painted it the night before, so it really didn't take long at all.

Becca said...

You always amazed me. I think this is much better than buying the new on in store. You express your creativity and save big bucks.

Kristin said...

Love these. Wanted to let you know that I couldn't find the link to the old jars you did though but I'm about to search for them =)