Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Cleaning Schedule

Do you ever feel overwhelmed with household chores? I know I am constantly running around cleaning. I like my house to be very clean. I wish I was a little more laidback about it, but I am not. If it is messy, I cannot relax. Sound crazy?
When we added on to our home last year, we added a lot more chores and rooms to clean. Now with another child the chores just get longer. I knew I had to go back to a cleaning schedule. I have done this several times before, so I know it helps. I first wrote down every room in the house and split them up according to a day of the week. Most days have two rooms, but I tried to put a big room with a small room. I also put my normal washing schedule on here. I have done laundry like this for years and it seems to work just fine. I now wash Abigail’s clothes with Andrews. Their clothes are so small and do not make a full load.
I also plan on trying to organize something in one of the rooms each day. Nothing crazy just something. For example, today (Monday) I cleaned the Living Room and Master Bedroom. When I was finished dusting, vacuuming, and tidying up I went through Andrew’s toy basket and moved some toys upstairs to the playroom. Luckily Andrew and Abigail normally take a good 2 hour nap at the same time. We will see how long that last!
Monday: Living Room and Master Bedroom
Tuesday: Bathroom and Powder Room
Wednesday: Kitchen and Dining Room
Thursday: Pantry and Laundry Room
Friday: Upstairs (playroom and bathroom), Andrew and Abigail's Laundry
Saturday: Craft/Office, My Laundry
Sunday: Andrew and Abigail’s Rooms, Wash Towels
How do you clean your house? Do you clean once a week or a little each day?

5 comments:

Mandy said...

I'm so glad you posted this! I have been feeling incredibly overwhelmed with keeping up with cleaning the house. I, too, am VERY OCD and cannot relax unless everything is perfect! My friends and family joke that our house always looks like a show home. :) However, what they don't know is that I kill myself trying to do that. With working full time, and 2 small kiddos, it really stresses me out! I typically wait and do all of my cleaning on Saturday or Sunday but I feel guilty because I end up spending at least half a day doing it, and that is time I should be spending with my kiddos. I am totally going to try and come up with a similar schedule! Thanks for the idea!!

Sonya said...

I need things cleaned up or I feel like I can't function either. My cleaning schedule focuses more on a particular chore that is done all over the house. Then I also have a list of things that are touched in each room at least once a month.

Robyn Beele said...

Sonya I use to dust one day, vacuum another day, and it worked well. I will see how this goes!

Anonymous said...

Not at all.....I wish I was move OCD about things than I am. Can't have the best of both worlds. Maybe I can try your plan and see if it helps!!

Tracy

Robyn Beele said...

Tracy let me know!