Thursday, June 7, 2012

Letter of the Week: A is for Apple Tree

I decided to complete some fun letter activities with Andrew over the summer. Hopefully I will continue it beyond the summer. Baby steps…
Andrew knows a lot of his letters, but I have noticed that he has started to confuse some or forget others. I haven’t had the time to “teach” him as much as I was prepregnancy and prebaby #2. I am really hoping that I continue with this!
So this week we are focusing on the letter A! He does know this letter, but the activities will help with creativity and fine motor skills. The first activity was to make an apple tree!
All you need is green and brown paper and some red tissue paper.
DSC01059-1(rev 1)
Andrew’s task was to tear small pieces of tissue paper, ball it up, and glue it the tree. He did an awesome job! He didn’t care for the glue getting on his hand.
DSC01062-1(rev 1)DSC01061-1(rev 1)DSC01064-1(rev 1)DSC01065-1(rev 1)DSC01066-1(rev 1)                                DSC01068-1(rev 1)
We talked about the letter A while he was making the apples. We also counted the apples! Andrew also enjoyed ripping the extra paper up and making a “tower.”
DSC01069-1(rev 1)                   DSC01071-1(rev 1)
LETTER A!
DSC01067-1(rev 1)
More activities to come!

3 comments:

Meg said...

SO cute! I hope to slow down next week and start some of our projects. No speech therapy, no VBS and hopefully birthday stuff will be a breeze :) Great idea!

Kim and Ed said...

What an awesome idea! You are soooo creative!

Carrie said...

so cute!!!!