Thursday, June 14, 2012

Updates/Abigail 1 month

I don’t feel like I have blogged about normal life lately, so here it goes. We are getting into somewhat of a routine around here and I am feeling relieved. Abigail is still sleeping and eating a lot. She wants to eat every two hours during the day and is a very slow eater. I really feel like that is all I do, but she does sleep pretty well at night. She is waking every 3 sometimes 4 hours at night. That I am thankful for! She is having bad gas and constipation. We have changed formula 3 times, so we are trying everything. I am so used to Andrew being the PERFECT baby. He literally never cried and was on a schedule very early. Abigail is another story! We love her just the same and couldn’t imagine life without her.
Nick and I just celebrated 7 years of marriage. Where does time go?? We are happier than ever and are so blessed to have wonderful family and friends that have been with us through this journey.
Since I am updating, I will go ahead and tell about Abigail at one month. Wow! Has a month really gone by? Surely not!
Height/Weight: 10 lbs 7oz at 3 weeks and height is about the same -21 inches
Eating: She eats about every 2 to 3 hours (usually 2 during the day) and takes about 3 ounces at a time. She has gone 4 hours at night. I am really try to get her on a 3 hour schedule. I think she is getting there,but sometimes she seems as if she is STARVING after 2 hours.
Sleeping: Abigail is waking up about every 3 to 4 hours during the night. She is still sleeping a lot during the day, but in the last week she has more awake hours.
-She either screams in the car or is sound asleep. I hope the screaming changes!
-As long as she has eaten she is a happy baby!!
-She is still having some stomach issues with mainly constipation. She gets fussy around 7pm and cries for about an hour. Not fun!
-Yesterday she smiled at me twice, but I haven’t been able to get her to do it again.
-Andrew still adores her and is right by her side when she cries.
We could not imagine her not being in our lives!! It is so crazy how your love can expand and grow. I honestly thought it would take awhile for me to feel the immense love I feel toward Andrew, but it didn’t. She is perfect!
Here are some recent pictures right after a bath.. I am going to do a monthly picture that is the same every month, but I am still trying to decide what to do…
DSC01131(rev 1)
DSC01133-1(rev 1)
LOVE this picture! Such a pretty girl!
DSC01134-1(rev 1)

2 comments:

J said...

sweet girl! She looks just like Nick in that first photo!

Carrie said...

awe I can't wait to see her again on Sunday I have been wanting to come see her but with us all sick I was not going to risk that!!!