Saturday, June 23, 2012

A weighty issue

Yes I am going to talk about losing weight…AGAIN! After having Abigail I am glad to say I am back at my prepregnancy weight. Honestly it was WAY easier this time around. I was back at 3 1/2 weeks. So why am I talking about losing weight?? Well my prepregnancy weight was about 15lbs more than my ideal weight. So I have more weight to lose…BLAH! I am very happy that I can wear my normal clothes…I was so over maternity clothes (even the comfortable jeans). Now the hard work begins. After getting to my prepreg weight, I have only lost 1 to 2 lbs. The weight just stopped coming off. It is like my body knew the weight I was before, felt content, and STOPPED!

I lost the pregnancy weight by REALLY cutting back on calories, only drinking soda occasionally, not drinking sweet tea, and drinking tons of water. I am also working out some. It is so hard to find the time and when I have the time…well I somehow find something else to do. Smile I really hope to stick to my plan. Having two kids has definitely eliminated the time I have to eat. Maybe that well help!

Some things I plan on doing:

-Working out more often

-Not drinking soda-ever (it really is terrible for you)

-Not eating after dinner-this is my weakness

Any tips or suggestions??

5 comments:

Kim and Ed said...

Robyn, I am right there with you! I think Ed and I are both going to start working out again after we get back from vacations. If you ever want to meet up and walk before going to get the kids, let me know!

Stewart Family said...

Hey Robyn. I started a diet plan in December and have lost 30lbs. and 15 inches off my chest, waist, and hips. Also inches off in other places! I have a lot of info. about it. The best part is you don't have to workout! Sounds nuts but I went from a size 14 to now a size 10. My email is jonandcara@q.com. I think this can help anyone! Too much info to type here.

Stewart Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meg said...

Oh Robyn, I think the last 10 lbs is the hardest! I battle back and forth. I have to have caffiene, I don't think I could live without it! I slave away at the gym and see some results, although not a huge amount. They say it's 80% nutrition and 20% exercise. I log all my food onto the myfitness pal app on my phone -you can use it just on your computer too. It helps to see what everyone else is eating and helps keep you accountable. Let me know if you sign up and I'll send you my user name. We can stalk each other's diaries :) And i can be jealous of all the good foods Nick cooks!

J said...

Even though I've lost the pregnancy weight, I cannot fit in my non maternity clothes. I'm so jealous!

I pinned my favorite "prepregnancy" workout on Pinterest. You should give it a try. It's all things you can do at home, and it really kept me toned and fit. :-) I can't wait to try it.