Friday, July 13, 2012

Rainy Day Random

What a rainy week? I usually HATE rainy and dreary weather, but I am okay with it if I have no where to be. This is my last week at home. So sad! I am going back everyday next week to work on my classroom. I left before the end of the school year, so I have no idea what shape my classroom was left in. I am usually able to organize and clean at the end of the year, but not this year. I will not stay all day, but my goal is to have a very organized classroom by the end of the week. I will not have the luxury of staying a little late everyday throughout the year. I always LOVE getting my room ready!! I will be sure to share pictures!! My classroom tour from last year is one of my most viewed post. This year our school has a Rock and Roll theme. Sounds like fun!

Speaking of going back to work, I had to make a very hard decision this summer. Andrew has stayed with a wonderful woman, that keeps kids in her home, since he was 4 months old. He LOVES going there everyday! However, because of several circumstances we had to make other plans for the upcoming year. This was not an easy decision, but in the end I know it will be great. I have put Andrew and Abigail in a local daycare. Abigail will of course be in the baby room and Andrew will be in the 3 year old preschool program. He is SOOO excited! They have a schedule and different themes they work on every week. We went and visited the other day and he enjoyed it so much. He already has the teachers wrapped around his little finger. She was showing him the playground for the 3 year olds and he took her hand and told her he wanted to go to the BIG playground. Of course she took him! LOL! Abigail’s teachers seem wonderful! They are both so excited to have a little baby in the room. I am excited about this new adventure!!

Trying to get organized for daycare! We need to keep up with recipes/ paperwork and all the wonderful projects that will be coming home!

DSC01754-1(rev 1)

I celebrated my birthday this week. This is my last year as a young twenty something. Weird!

I never posted an after picture of my haircut and highlights. I am finally getting use to it. I wasn’t so sure about the highlights at first, but they have calmed down some. The lighting was bad in the second picture. I didn’t go all out with the bangs,but I am happy with what she did. Apparently I like the shirt I have on! HA!

Before                                                                    After

DSC01672(rev 1)DSC01747-1(rev 1)

 

Abigail has finally gotten into a routine. If you have read my blog for awhile, then you know I am a routine kind of gal. She has not been in a one since birth. I didn’t expect her to be, but I am so happy she is know. Currently she is eating every 3 hours! She was wanting to eat every 2 and that is hard with another child who needs your attention. She is napping very well during the day. She is still waking twice at night (1 am and 4 am), but goes eats and goes back to sleep in 30- 45 mins. I can handle that! Her schedule will have to change when I officially go back to work. She will need to eat closer to 6am. DSC01751-1(rev 1)DSC01752-1(rev 0)

 

Can anyone help with this charger chaos? We have chargers for 2 cell phones, kindle, camera, and 2 monitors.

DSC01753-1(rev 0)

And for the grandparents….I love that Abigail thinks Andrew is crazy already! LOL!

DSC01727-1(rev 1)DSC01728-1(rev 1)

I will stop boring everyone!! Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

Meg said...

Andrew will do great with the transition! Good luck making the move back into the working world. I know it's tough. As for the chargers- I just unplug them and put them in the kitchen throw all drawer until needed again. However, we have a big cord problem in the computer room. Looking forward to hearing other solutions!