Saturday, October 27, 2012

DIY Canvas Photo

I love canvas photos, but they can be pricey. I have noticed many DIY tutorials on Pinterest and decided to go for it! I had some extra pictures of Abigail’s newborn session lying around. I purchased a 8 x 10 canvas at Hobby Lobby. I already had the Mod Podge and black paint.

I followed the tutorial from Literally Inspired. It was VERY easy.

IMG_0654(rev 1)IMG_0655(rev 1)IMG_0656(rev 1)

This was just practice and it is definitely not perfect. Next time I would paint more than just the edges and paint them first. I would use an exacto knife to cut the picture. From afar it looks fine. It was super cheap! That is always a bonus. I may do more pictures and make a collage in my office space.

1 comment:

Mrs. Meg said...

I LOVE it!! I, too, have been looking to purchase some canvases, but don't want to spend the $. I think it's Canvas on Demand that does a free one every now and then, you just pay shipping. But that one looks so pretty!