Monday, October 22, 2012

Play Room Make Under

We love our extra space upstairs and that it serves many functions. It is a playroom, den, and office. We have not really done a whole lot to the space since adding on to our home. I have moved things around the playroom too many times to count and I never really liked it. It also didn’t function well. Last Sunday, Nick and I cleaned the space. We got rid of some things and shifted the “den” area and playroom area. It is a VERY blank space right now. I have SOOOO many things I want to do. Over time I hope to complete my vision for the space.

Here is what we are working with right now…

This is the play room side. We need to hang our curtains on the French doors. It gets very hot in this space and they help. We took them down when we painted…about a year ago.

IMG_0498(rev 1)

Notice the coffee table? It didn’t fit in the new den space, so we are using it for games. We plan on painting it a fun bright color. Notice the picture above it? Gotta go…

IMG_0499(rev 1)

Right beside this area is the den/tv/video game room. They are both open to each other. Don’t you love our BIG TV? When Christmas rolls around we are going to update our downstairs TV and move our old TV to this space.  Also we have 3 bar stools that go on the bar. They need to be recovered.

IMG_0500(rev 1)

See the ugly TV stand? Gotta go! We are hunting for something else.

IMG_0501(rev 1)

See the office? I have BIG plans in there!

IMG_0502(rev 1)

My handy husband is going to build a window seat (with storage) under this window.

IMG_0503(rev 1)

Welcome to MY office/craft room! This room needs lots of help. It was our old kitchen, so there is tons of storage. That doors leads to the attic. The stairs are still not finished being painted.

IMG_0504(rev 1)

This is a dining room chair. The office chair needs to be recovered and one more coat of paint. I want to add open shelving above the computer. I would also LOVE a pretty rug! This room also needs a new overhead light.

IMG_0505(rev 1)IMG_0506(rev 1)

This is a little hallway that leads from the playroom space to Andrew and Abigail’s bathroom. I removed the door of the closet (that was not being used) and made a little reading nook! LOVE IT! I am going to add a curtain to cover the hinges.

IMG_0507(rev 1)IMG_0508(rev 1)

I would also like to add little shelves inside for books. Andrew already loves this space! When Abigail grows out of her crib, I will use the mattress in here!

IMG_0509(rev 1)

I hope you enjoyed this little tour. I will be updating all of the projects we are going to undertake for this multipurpose space! Can’t wait!

Here is the list of projects:

Hang curtains

Hang curtain in reading nook closet

Recover barstools and desk chair

Add shelves to the office area

Get a rug for the den and office

Add artwork above the TV

Move TV from downstairs

Paint Coffee Table

Build Window Seat

1 comment:

J said...

love love love the reading nook!!