Thursday, November 22, 2012

Repurposed Can

Can

Have you ever been really intimated by a crafting project? Well I have always been intimidated by covering something with fabric. I see all the cute boxes and crates that have been covered with fabric. I finally did it and I wish I wouldn’t have been so intimidated. It was so easy!!!

The supplies are below. I had everything on hand, so this was free for me.  First I spray painted the can white, so the color would not show through.

DSC02224(rev 1)

I then brushed Mod Podge on small sections at a time. I pressed the fabric all the way around.

DSC02228-1(rev 1)

I placed a generous amount on the seam.

DSC02230-1(rev 1)DSC02231-1(rev 1)

I didn't take a picture of the inside, but I glued it also.

DSC02232-1(rev 1)

I LOVE it!! I think I will do this with every empty container!!

DSC02243(rev 1)

I hope you are stuffing yourself with turkey!

No comments: