Thursday, December 27, 2012

Yummy and Sick

 

Those two words don’t normally go hand in hand, but today they do.

I have never been a “coffee drinker.” You know the person at work that drinks coffee ALL day and then complains about how awful they feel. Ha! I have not even been the drinker that has a cup or two in the morning. However, when two kids are in the picture, I need a little pick me up. Nick came to the rescue and gave me this SWEET Keurig for Christmas. It came with a variety pack of scrumptious coffee. I have tasted two and I am already hooked. I will now be the person at work trying to find a pot that is still on at noon…okay I am joking.

IMG_1172

This poor baby has been sick. She has had a awful cough and a never ending runny nose. I finally caved and took her to the doctor after another sleepless night.  The doctor put her on a liquid z-pack, so I am hoping modern medicine will do the trick.

IMG_1175

Nick has been home all week…I am loving it!! We headed to Anderson today to spend some Christmas money. I scored some new curtains for the living room and kitchen. The living room ones are installed and tomorrow the kitchen ones will finish everything off. I am so excited! I wish I had a picture to share, but it is too dark for a good picture. I will share both tomorrow.

With the New Year quickly approaching, I am thinking about goals to set. I have always loved setting goals at the beginning of every year. This year I have quite a few in mind. One involves this blog. I am vowing to try my best to blog each and every day. Of course I know this is far fetched, but I am going to try. I am going to try…really hard. Even if the post is meaningless or extremely short, I will post. I admire all of the bloggers that relentlessly blog day after day. It is such a great source of memories to look back on and that is the reason for me.

Who will join me in this quest? I am also going to try to get better about commenting on blogs. We all need a comment to help us feel like someone is listening. I know I have readers….please leave me a comment to let me know you are here. You do not have to have your own blog to leave comments!

Will you join me?

4 comments:

Amy said...

Dylan got the same medication! He is still coughing, but today he had an appetite! He hasn't eaten hardly anything since Sunday. Today he ate very well. He still has that yucky cough and runny nose. I'm hoping after tomorrow's last dose he will be back to himself! I hope your sweet girl feels better too!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Robyn Beele said...

Abigail was the same way...she didn't want anything to eat. I hope Dylan gets better also.

Meg said...

I have tried and tried to give up caffiene, but you're right, with small kids and a long day-it's much, much needed!!

Love your goal to blog everyday. I think you do a great job anyway! At least you don't blog just once every few months ;) lol. I would love to try more!