Thursday, January 17, 2013

Hard Decisions

Recently Nick and I had to make a hard decision. It is nothing dramatic, but hard nonetheless. Andrew’s birthday is coming up in February. We have always invited a lot of people, had lots of food, expensive cake, and tons of decorations. We had everything planned out this year. Then we both looked at each other and realized it was just too much. Financially and time consuming were the main reasons we decided to go low key this year. Having a big party is fun, but it can be stressful. I know in the end he will not care. So this year we are doing things different.

We decided to take him to Frankie’s Fun Park the weekend before and let him play games. Playing video games is becoming a new favorite. Monday (his birthday), I am going to take him for a special date with mom. We will go out for lunch, movie, and pick out a toy. Then the weekend after his birthday we are going to have a small intimate party. Cupcakes, finger foods, and presents. That’s it!

I was really sad about this decision at first, but I am warming up to it. I know in the end he will have a great time either way. So, if you are onr of our friends that get invited to birthday parties, we are sorry! I feel awful, but sometimes you have to go small. This year will be a BIG celebration, but on a small scale.

No comments: