Friday, December 27, 2013

Fabric Covered Canvas

I am joining Link Party Palooza for a quick and cute project.

link party palooza banner

I love working on quick crafty projects! In the chaos of Christmas, I found a quite moment to be crafty.  It makes me happy!

Nick and I are working on some changes to my office/craft room area and I needed to add some unique decorative touches.  I also already had everything on hand that I needed. SCORE!

 

I had an old canvas picture that was not being used (and would never be used again!), some scrap fabric, wooden letter, white paint, and a sponge brush. 

IMG_5379

First, I painted the letter.  It took many coats of paint.

IMG_5380

While the paint was drying, I ironed the fabric.  I then cut the fabric and left a few inches around the edges.

IMG_5382

Like my new laser scissors I got for Christmas?? They actually are really neat to use!

IMG_5384IMG_5385

I then simply hot glued the edges around and glued the letter to the front.  Stapling would hold up better, but I didn’t want to walk downstairs and into the garage. LAZY!

IMG_5387

I LOVE the colors! I have the perfect spot. Stay tuned!

No comments: