Saturday, December 28, 2013

Home office Update #1

Hello everyone! I hope your weekend is going great! The hubby and I are enjoying our week off together.  I put him hard to work on many house projects that have needed attention for quite awhile. 

I am linking up with Classy Clutter for their Spotlight Saturday Linky Party.  Their blog is super cute!!

We now have ALL of the Christmas décor packed away.  I LOVE Christmas, but I don’t like clutter and disorder.  I am loving my clean house!

I have wanted to update my home office/craft room for quite some time.  I just never knew where to start.  I finally decided to use some Christmas money and but some new shelving, light, and acrylic.

This office/craft room use to be our kitchen before we added an entire new first floor to our home.  The old fluorescent light went out and was never replaced.  We finally have a NEW light! YAY!

Miss Abbey was a lot of help during this part!

DSC02632DSC02634DSC02641

This is in the midst of chaos! LOL! Nick was working on several projects at the time.  Notice the two new white shelves?  Those are new purchases and I LOVE them!! They are Allen and Roth from Lowes.  They are already finished and include the brackets for only $20. SCORE!

DSC02639 - CopyDSC02640

 

 

DSC02642

My computer is where the stove used to be, so we added a top awhile back.  I have really wanted to added acrylic top for so long.  I think it looks so good! I threw some scrap fabric and photos under it, but this is not the final look. 

DSC02667

DSC02668

DSC02669

Then we cleaned and cleaned.  My sewing machine is currently on a folding table.  It is not ideal, but will do for now.

DSC02665

 

DSC02666

I would still love to…

- Have a more permanent area for sewing

-A new rug

-New Lighting over the bar

- New artwork above the sewing machine

One step at a time!

No comments: