Friday, February 14, 2014

Snowpocalypse 2014 and Soup

As many of you know, the south has been hit with a HUGE snow storm.  We rarely get snow! So when it snows for 2 days straight, we don’t leave the house.  Anyway we did enjoy our time stuck in the house.  This ended being our Winter Break from school instead of next week.  We tried to make the best of it! Get ready for picture overload!

The first day was filled with high winds, snow, and sleet.  We stayed inside and enjoyed puzzles, popcorn, and I even made a new TPT product!

IMG_5581IMG_5585IMG_5600

Yesterday, it finally stopped snowing! We enjoyed sledding, riding around, and stomping through the 6 inches of snow!

IMG_5640IMG_5643IMG_5649IMG_5653IMG_5654IMG_5662IMG_5699IMG_5700IMG_5702IMG_5703IMG_5704IMG_5706IMG_5707

This was my Valentine cereal date this morning.  Nick and I decided not to buy gifts this year.  I am so glad! We just had Christmas, Andrew’s birthday is Tuesday, we are party planning, etc.  It is just too much and unnecessary sometimes!

IMG_5712

Now onto SOUPS!  I am linking up with Kelly’s Korner for her soup recipe sharing linky party.  Snow and cold always make me want something warm and comforting.  I do not like to cook and it is not my thing, but this Tortilla Soup is SOOOO easy!

This is the LOVELY Pioneer Woman’s Chicken Tortilla Soup.  I have made it several times and it is so good!  I leave out the guacamole, but it is still good. Click the picture for the recipe!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love southern snow days! Glad y'all had a great time.
~Tracy