Sunday, March 16, 2014

My Clean eating quest

A few months ago, Nick and I (really I pushed him into it) decided to try clean eating.  That is eating REAL not the packaged garbage we have been eating.  We tried hard, sort of, for about a month and then slowly eased back into our old ways.  I went back to my old friend diet coke and then came the packaged chips, crackers, and so forth.  Now I am really ready to dive back in and go for it full force.  I can do this!  Nick is going to be harder to persuade, but I know he eventually will come around.  We are going to ease into the clean eating slowly.  We still have packaged food in our pantry, so we will try to get rid of it.  I just can’t throw away food!

 

I hope to use this blog to record our journey into this much healthier lifestyle.  I started this weekend by buying tons of vegetables (onion, peppers, zucchini, squash, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, greens, salad etc.) and fruit (strawberries, apples, blueberries, and bananas).  My main goal is to eat healthier and cleaner.

We will continue our meal planning and making most of our food on the weekends.  This weekend I have roasted sweet potatoes, zucchini/squash, and hard boiled eggs.  During the week I will post how I am cooking and put more details into every step.

IMG_5813

1 comment:

Amy said...

I can't wait to read more about this adventure...I too went grocery shopping with "healthy eating" in mind. I bought a ton of veggies. I went the frozen route for most of them. I purchased frozen veggies without any sauce/seasoning/etc.