Monday, April 21, 2014

Cleaning Zone 1: Living Room Day 1

I am a big You Tube watcher and I recently started watching What Jen Does.  She is  not a BIG time You Tuber, but I found her when I was searching for cleaning tips.  She is a VERY meticulous cleaner and organizer!  She has post about how she cleans her house in zones for deep cleaning.  This is something that I really wanted to start doing.  I am on Spring Break this week, so I thought it would be the perfect time to give it a try.  I LOVE having a clean house, but I don’t have the luxury of spending hours cleaning. 

My first zone is my Living Room.  Day one involves deep cleaning the books shelves, washing Duncan’s dog bedding, and cleaning the leather on our ottoman. I clean the shelves and ottoman weekly, but this is more of a deep cleaning.

This is how I planned my zones. I have 7 zones (only 6 are pictured) and they are broken up into 3 or 5 days.  Nothing takes for than 15 to 20 mins.

IMG_6095IMG_6096IMG_6099

This is an over view of my living room.  This room gets a lot of use.  There are usually toys all over the place.

IMG_6092IMG_6089IMG_6090IMG_6093

I first threw in Duncan’s bed and blanket.  I also threw in the bathroom mat and a few coats.

IMG_6094

This is what I needed for Day 1- microfiber cloths, multi-surface dusting polish, and a step stool (I am a shorty!)

IMG_6098

Sorry for the sunlight!  This is one of the shelves.  I dust this weekly, but I just dust around things.  Today I removed everything and dusted under each item.  I also dusted the picture frames and decorative things.

IMG_6100

In the process, I found these random things that were out of place.  I sorted threw them and moved them back.

IMG_6102

I cleaned this ottoman really well.  I gets super dirty!

IMG_6101

Since I had a little more time, I straightened up this cabinet.  I contains our Direct TV box, movies, games, and TONS of books.  I moved some books upstairs.  Abigail’s small books to her room and a few newer books to Andrew’s room.

IMG_6104IMG_6105IMG_6106

AHH nice and CLEAN!! I love a clean house more than anything! This took a total of 15 minutes.  I moved fast and didn’t get distracted! Stay tuned to day 2!

No comments: