Thursday, April 24, 2014

Homemade Cleaners

I am super excited to share some homemade cleaners that I made this week.  I have wanted to make these for years, but was overwhelmed.  I honestly was a little afraid that I would spend the time (and money) and be disappointed by the results.  I finally broke down and did some research.  I found 3 recipes for cleaners that I made with what I already had at home.  I will try more later and share!

All Purpose Cleaner- daily cleaning

IMG_6114

This is my FAVORITE cleaner so far!  It smells so good and it contains nothing harmful!

I filled the spray bottle 3/4 of the way full with warm water.  I then added a about half a cup of dish soap.  I have read that Ivory soap leaves less residue, but I have had none with Dawn. Shake well!

Disinfecting Spray- cleaning things with lots of germs or really dirty grim.  This has a alcohol smell, but it does not linger. 

IMG_6116

1 part rubbing alcohol to one part water.  This bottle had to be changed because it did not have the straw part in it.  My luck!

Bathroom Cleaner- for the bathroom.  I sprinkle baking soda in the toilet/shower floor and let it sit for a few minutes.  I then spray the bathroom cleaner and it works wonderfully!

IMG_6119

1 part dish soap to one part white vinegar.  This does not give off much of a smell.

IMG_6120

Here they are!  The bottles were $1 at Target and I just wrote on them with a permanent marker.  I am loving them!! I plan on making dusting polish, stainless steel cleaner, and glass cleaner.  Then I can throw all my other cleaners away!

No comments: