Thursday, April 24, 2014

Zone 1 Cleaning Day 4

I hope everyone is enjoying my zone cleaning! I have to say that this my be life changing!  My house has never been so clean.  I know this will be MUCH harder when I go back to work next week, but I am determined to keep it up.  Everything in my house will be cleaned and all the laundry will be done by Friday.  I will have the entire weekend to help Nick in the yard and spend some quality family time!  I have always ran around like crazy trying to get EVERYTHING done on Saturdays and Sundays.  It is just insane!

Moving on to day 4 in zone 1 (Living Room). Today is centered around the entry way.  I didn’t put this space as a separate zone because it is tiny.  Don’t let the size fool you!  It can get VERY dirty.  It is the entry way off the front door and garage.  It gets ton of foot traffic.  This was also my day to clean the floors (Daily cleaning for Thursdays), so I vacuumed and mopped the area really well first. 

Here is a look at our tiny entry.  There is normally a rug on the tile, but I moved it outdoors for cleaning purposes.  It is hard to tell, but every inch of baseboards, trim, and moldings were covered in dirt.  I used my all- purpose cleaner (see recipe on next post) and a magic eraser to wipe it all away! I also scrubbed the tile with a little brush. 

IMG_6141IMG_6142

This is right next to the door and the was was covered in dirty handprints.  I HATE our wall color.  It literally shows every speck of dirt and grim.  I sprayed some cleaner on the wall and erased away (most) of the dirt. I also cleaned the light switches and doors.

I also went ahead and cleaned behind this table.  It was really gross! This is a table that Andrew eats all of his meals and Abigail eats most snacks here.

IMG_6138

I am posting right after this to share my homemade cleaners!

No comments: