Sunday, December 28, 2014

Family/Play Room Makeover

I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday.  Abigail and I have both been under the weather with bad coughs and just feeling yucky.  I am feeling much better today (still coughing) and wanted to share a room makeover with you! 

Family Room Collage

If I could go back in time, and change my career path, I would study interior design.  I enjoy it so much!  At least I get to express myself in my own home.  The room I have wanted to change for years is our upstairs family/playroom.  It was basically a collection of leftover items in our home.  The room is laid out with a set of French doors and a big picture window.  It also has two doors, so very little wall area.  I have moved things around in the room so many times.  I think I have finally found the ideal placement of furniture and toys.

We use this room for toys, video games, movies, and just good ole family time! 

Here are some before pictures…

IMG_0501(rev 1)

IMG_0500(rev 1)

It lacked any kind of style.  I never wanted to spend money on this room because I was still trying to decorate all of our other rooms first.  I finally broke down and bought a few pictures for the walls, 2 pillows, and 1 adorable clock.  The rest was moved from other rooms. 

After!  I am totally in LOVE! It is is completely my style, but still comfy enough for the kids!

IMG_0445

The two diamond print pillows were from Target and the other two I had.  I bought the rope balls (on the coffee table) from TJ Maxx.  We already had all of the furniture. 

IMG_0446

The dresser is one of my favorite pieces in our entire home.  It was in Abigail’s room, but not being used at all.  It now holds all movies, Andrew’s X-box, puzzles, etc. The artwork above the TV is from Hobby Lobby and I just LOVE it!

IMG_0447IMG_0448

The large candle holder is from Hobby Lobby also.

IMG_0444

This canvas, picture frame, and clock were from TJ Maxx.

IMG_0449IMG_0450IMG_0452

We removed a drawer from the inside to hold the x box and satellite box.  Nick is eventually going to build a shelf inside.

IMG_0453

We now have tons of storage.

IMG_0454

The rest of the room still looks like a toy box exploded, but I am okay with it right now.  The toys are toys that they both actual play with all the time. The clock and picture are from Hobby Lobby.

IMG_0456IMG_0457IMG_0458

This is my office/craft room behind this room.  I have BIG plans for this space.  I want to work on it slowly and really take my time.  It still seems very cluttered to me.

IMG_0459IMG_0460

I hope you enjoyed this little update that has made a huge impact in my eyes. 

No comments: