Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year and a bag a day

 

Happy New Year

 

Happy New Year everyone!! Wow, 2015… that sounds kind of crazy!  I am excited for this year.  I have so many exciting things in the works- projects in the home, possible vacations, decluttering (see more below), and just spending more time with family.  I came across a “challenge” that is right on track for what I want to accomplish this year.  It is called “Twelve Months of Decluttering A Bag a Day.”  This was created by The Inspired Room, which is an amazing blog!  It gives you month by month steps to decluttering every area of your house.  This month focuses on cleaning out your  clothes, bags, shoes, accessories {including seasonal items}, dressers, closets, nightstands, Master bedroom.  I need to live my blog name and live more simply!

Before this was even posted, I started to clean out my closet.  It was (and still is) busting at the seems!

No judgments!! Winking smile  This small closet houses my clothes, Nick’s clothes, shoes, dirty laundry baskets, and our bathroom towels. Nick’s shirts are at the top and mine at the bottom.  I have dresses on the right, but you can’t really see it from this picture.  I went through and got rid of two bags of clothes.  I also rearranged my shirts by type.  I still need to work on the rest, so there is only a before picture right now.

  IMG_0462IMG_0464

I am not sure if I will have time to fill a bag a day, but maybe each week.  I hope others join in on this challenge!

No comments: